Some parents think that cavities on baby teeth do not matter because the permanent tooth can still replace it once it falls out. What they do not know is that any complications on the primary teeth might negatively affect the growth of permanent teeth. They may be a child, but they still must be taught how to protect and take care of their oral health properly. Introducing a child to a dentist at an early age will significantly help prevent the development of complications and maintain their oral health.
Do you want your kids to have the excellent oral health to prevent the early signs of oral problems? O2 Dental Group can help you with your child’s oral health! We provide services for your child’s oral health through Pediatric Dentistry. We perform child-friendly techniques to achieve the perfect environment suitable for a comfortable and relaxed dental care for our young patients.
Dental Care Tips for Children
- Introduce proper dental hygiene
Brush your child’s teeth using a soft-bristled toothbrush with the right amount of toothpaste recommended for their age. Make sure to use a fluoride toothpaste since it can form barriers that guard the teeth against harmful bacteria.
Avoid drinking too many sweet beverages like fruit juices, sports drinks, soda, tea drinks, and more due to the high sugar as well as acidic content that can wear down the enamel. Let your children eat healthy fruits and vegetables that are not only good for the body but the teeth as well. Apples, celery, and carrots act as a natural scrub for the teeth and also helps stimulate saliva production which keeps the mouth in check.
- Dental checkups and cleaning
Scheduling a regular checkup and cleaning helps in maintaining your child’s oral health to prevent the development of any oral complications. A pediatric dentist will ensure that your child achieves healthy teeth and oral structures by providing treatments that can guarantee its longevity.
Pediatric Dentistry services
- Dental sealants – reapplied directly on your children’s molars and premolars which are usually vulnerable to tooth decay due to its form. The grooves and pits will flatten out to prevent bacteria from accumulating the teeth and decay.
- Fluoride applications – Fluoride may already be included on some dental products, but professional applications are still recommended. It ensures that your children receive the right amount of the mineral as prescribed for their teeth to stay healthy.
- Tooth-colored fillings and crowns – The procedures are for your child’s teeth if it needs to be restored after being damaged. The primary teeth are essential for the growth of the permanent teeth; they guide its eruption for its proper positioning that is why restorations are vital even though they are temporary. It also helps in improving the strength of your child’s teeth that was weakened due to cavities.
Children’s proper care should be performed early since it plays a significant part in their proper growth and development. Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to health which is why it is best for children to be introduced to adequate health care as early as possible.
O2 Dental Group is always ready to take action involving you and your child’s oral health. If you want to experience secure and more child-friendly Pediatric Dentistry services
in Wilmington, NC, contact us to book your appointment