If you prefer not to wear fixed orthodontics, Invisalign clear aligners are a great way to straighten your teeth without impacting your lifestyle. At O2 Dental Group of Fayetteville, our Invisalign dentists use this cutting-edge orthodontic system to transform smiles in as little as 12 months. In fact, our practice has been designated as an Invisalign Preferred Provider! This means our doctors have achieved a significant level of experience in treating patients with the Invisalign system. If you are searching for the best Invisalign braces near Fayetteville, we are here for you!
Invisalign FAQThe Invisalign system uses removable clear aligners that are easy to maintain and allow you to eat whatever you want. You simply wear your alignment trays for 20-22 hours a day (taking them out during meals or to brush and floss) and change them out every two weeks to progress your tooth movement. Depending on the severity of your bite, most people complete treatment in 12-18 months. How does Invisalign work? Each aligner makes a slight adjustment to the position of your teeth. This is a process that is mapped out in advance, specifically for your situation. During each stage of treatment, only certain teeth are allowed to move. The next set of aligners will continue the teeth straightening process. Who is a candidate for Invisalign? In our office, patients that have minor to moderate crowding or spacing that do not need any major changes to their bite can be treated with Invisalign. Patients that have had braces in the past but have experienced relapse are also good candidates. How long do I have to wear my invisible aligners? We recommend you use your aligners for at least 22 hours a day. You should only take out your aligners to eat and if you drink anything that could potentially stain the aligners (juice, coffee, etc). How often do I change each set of invisible braces? Each set of clear aligners should be used for 2 weeks before moving to the next set. How long will my treatment take? The length of treatment will vary based on the severity of the case. The average time of treatment for Invisalign patients is 12 months. More challenging cases or patients that are not compliant with treatment will take longer than 12 months. What is the process?
- Schedule your initial consultation. We will let you know if you are a candidate for Invisalign or if other orthodontic options may be better for you.
- If you are a candidate for Invisalign, you will need to have a comprehensive exam with x-rays to make sure you don’t have any dental conditions that need to be addressed first
- After we’ve determined that you are in good oral health, we will schedule your impressions!
- Your trays will arrive at our office in approximately 2 weeks.
- You will be contacted for the bonding of your attachments and to give you the first set of invisible aligners.
- You will return to our office every 6-8 weeks to make sure your treatment is progressing as expected and to give you your next set of trays.
- After your treatment has been completed, we will remove your attachments and fabricate your retainers.